Other runners often talk about interesting objects they have found while running. I have found several things since I’ve started running. I’ve made a list of 10 of those items:
- Money – I once found a dime, but I didn’t pick it up. I was in the middle of the run and didn’t want to bend over for fear that I would fall over.
- Sunrises – I love seeing the pinks, oranges, and blues of the morning sky.
- Strength – Running gives you not only strength of body, but also strength of mind.
- Friends – I have discovered that running is a secret club and in this club is a whole new world of friends.
- Freedom – Running gives me that quick getaway, leaving behind all of the things that I can get to later. It clears my mind and makes me feel like I might one day run far enough to make it to a vacation destination.
- Solitude – Being alone on a run awards me with rebalancing, letting go, and centering.
- Pain – I have found pain in my foot, ankle, and leg. The key is to endure and keep going. (Unless it is so serious that you should stop & go to a doctor)
- Road Kill – This makes me speed up because I don’t want to examine it or smell it. I have seen armadillos, raccoons, possums, snakes, dogs, and coyotes.
- Litter – Come on!! Can’t you leave it in your car until you get home? It’s sad to run through the beautiful, quiet, relaxing countryside and see so much dreadful trash!
- Gloves – Yesterday, I found a pair of new gloves. I picked them up on my way home and ran the last mile with them. Why??? Not sure. It’s my first booty that I could take a picture of. 🙂 Maybe the hubs can use them.
Other than running yesterday:
I went to a baby shower for a friend. I was surprised to see a small group of ladies from the gym. I think we all drank a little too much champagne. It could be the fact that when the beginning of the baby shower games were announced, I looked at the bartender and said, “I think I’ll need another.” The gym ladies and I sat in the back together talking about favorite gym classes, running, and triathlon training. The 2 bartenders began serving us the pomegranate champagne concoctions during the games and gift opening. It ended up being a
tolerable enjoyable event.