“The meaning of life is to give life meaning.” – Ken Hudgins
a little tremendously freaked out about how sick I’ve been for the past 9 days. I can’t seem to get rid of this cold. I haven’t been able to run in a week, but I just completed a short run this morning and will try another short run tonight.
I’m leaving early Friday morning for a girl trip to New Orleans to see American Idol Live concert. After returning on Saturday, I’ll go to church and then to a political campaign party.
On Sunday, Marcia, Terri, and I will be going to a Running Retreat in Flagstaff, Arizona for a week. This will be a great opportunity to get away and relax in the beautiful mountains of Flagstaff, heralded as one of the best places to run in the country. I can’t wait to share pictures. Here is a picture I found from the retreat last year.
Highlights (from the Run SMART website)
- Multiple classroom style discussions led by Dr. Jack Daniels, named “The World’s Best Coach” by Runner’s World
- Marathon Training with Olympian Magdalena Lewy Boulet
- Daily training runs, guided by Run SMART coaches, through Flagstaff and Sedona on beautiful scenic mountain trails
- Nutrition for runners discussion with Alicia Shay
- Shoe fitting and gait analysis with Run SMART coach Vince Sherry
- Restorative yoga with NYC instructor Miriam Rosetti
- Entrance, sightseeing, and a once in a lifetime hike at the Grand Canyon
I am willing myself to get better so I can enjoy this amazing running experience!