In 19 days on April 21, 2014, I will be running the Boston Marathon. I am about to start my taper. This makes me thankful for so many reasons:
- I am thankful to all of my family and friends for understanding why I have been MIA. (Training is time consuming)
- I am thankful for my parents’ garden. They have supplied me with countless vegetables. (Running energy)
- I am thankful for my community. They offer encouragement when they see me running. (horns blowing, yelling, waving)
- I am thankful for my water stops. My aunt and uncle keep a water bottle in an outdoor refrigerator for me and on different occasions 2 random community members supplied me with water when I was in need. My sister leaves a bottle of water on days when she knows I have a long run scheduled and I will be running in front of her house. (Hydration, hydration!)
- I am thankful for the hubs. During this training he became involved and rode a bike behind me for my 20 mile run and one of my 16 mile runs. He was my personal water boy.
- I am thankful to everyone for uplifting words and support.
I will be leaving on Wednesday, April 16 to begin the road trip to Boston! Nervous and excited!